1) Find a flat, stable and safe place to change your tire: If you are near a road, park as far from traffic as possible and turn on your emergency flashers
2) Put your car into "Park" position: If you have a standard transmission, put your vehicle in first or reverse.
3)Place a heavy object: Place a rock example in front of the front and back tires.
4) Take out the spare tire and the jack.
5) Raise the jack until it is supporting the car: Check to make sure that the jack is perpendicular to the ground.
6)Remove the hubcap and loosen the nuts by turning counter clockwise: Don't take them all the way off; just break the resistance. By keeping the wheel on the ground when you first loosen the nuts, you'll make that you're turning the nuts instead of the wheel.
7) Pump the jack to lift the tire off the ground: You need to lift it high enough to remove the flat tire and replace it with a spare.
8) Remove the nuts the rest of the way: Turn them counter clockwise until they are loose. Repeat with all lug nuts, then remove the nuts completely.
9) Remove and place the spare tire on the hub: Take care to align the rim of the spare tire with the wheel bolts, then put on the lug nuts.
10) Tighten the nuts by hand until they are all snug.
11) Lower the car without applying full weight on the tire.
12) Lower the car to the ground fully and remove the jack.